One of my greatest joys in life is a really good music festival. And my all time favorite happens to be the greatest electronic dance music event in the world, Tomorrowland. I'd like to act all casual, like I haven't been thinking about what to wear for months now, but that would be a lie. I actually have a note in my phone where I pair up outfit ideas. Summer festivals are great because you can wear bright clothing (think: neon), flowy dresses, and funky jewelry. I've made the trek to Tomorrowland 4 times so I decided to create the girl's guide to packing for a music festival. Sorry boys (all three of you that might read this blog) this one's for the girls.
The Girl's Guide to Packing for a Music Festival:
Toiletries // Medicine
- Travel size shampoo/conditioner
- Travel size lotion
- Razor – this travel size razor is perfect for a trip!
- No Doze caffeine pills – to help you stay awake!
- Sunscreen – go for an SPF of 30 or higher
- Wet wipes– for when you don't always have the opportunity for a shower!
- Toothpaste / Tooth Brush
- Pain relievers
- Peptobismal (for upset stomachs) and any other medicines you take
- Hair brush, clips, and rubber-bands. These are my favorite hair bands that don't pull your hair and are cute!
- Tennis/walking shoes. These are my favorite.
- Flip flops (for the shower too, if you're camping)
- Nice sandals (I bring these for traveling after in case we go somewhere nice and I need to dress up a bit)
- Sneakers- these are a good alternative for a cuter walking shoe
- Rain boots
- Socks (5-7 pairs)
- Shorts (I bring jean shorts, breathable shorts like these, some brightly colored neon ones too)
- Leggings (I live in these)
- Hats: I like a neon snapback and a floppy hat
- Tank tops (1-2)
- Kimono or light weight sweater for layering
- T-shirt to sleep in
- Bathing Suit
- Sunglasses (polarized is the best option for your eyes)
- Underwear (5-7 pairs)
- Sports Bra
- Rain coat
- Back pack – This is what I use to carry everything. So sturdy and fits like a carry on.
- Jewelry ( I love this to carry all my jewelry in since I tend to bring a lot)
- Cross Body Bag
These are my favorite products for long wear/ sweat-proof
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation (this stuff is the BEST- lasts 24 hours)
- Tarte Shape Tape Concealer
- Mac “Gingerly” Blush
- L'Oreal skin perfection primer
- Too Faced Bronzer
- Pony tail holders
- Beauty sponge
- L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara (literally I have written about this dozens of times, there is nothing better in my book)
- Blush brush
- Makeup setting spray
Electronics // Etc
- Camera changer
- A sturdy iPhone (or any other phone) case
- Phone Charger
- Your ID
- Portable charger – this one is so handy
- Ear plugs
- Plastic bag (for dirty clothes)
- Tickets (bracelets) to the festival!!! Don't forget them!
If Traveling Internationally:
- Passport holder
- Plane tickets
- Train tickets
- Hotel accommodations
- Proof of purchase forms for any thing you paid for ahead of time
- Emergency contact info
- Copy of passport, credit cards, or important documents
- International adapter
I think the best way to have fun at a festival is to be prepared. So bring on all the neons, party hats, and most of all, music.
You might also like: Ultimate Guide to Packing Like a Travel Blogger