Moving away from my hometown means I'm already getting extremely nostalgic. “When will I see this tree again?” “This is our 3rd to last walk in this park.” Those are direct quotes from my mouth this morning. I'm a homebody and I am already missing parts of my life I haven't left yet.
In an effort to make sure I'm not leaving anything behind, I made a “Dallas Bucket List”. Things I HAVE to do before I leave for Nashville. Not that I won't be back and this move isn't necessarily permanent, but I want to still make sure I have my to do list in order.
It's no secret I love Dallas. I even have a hashtag on my instagram called “#helenelovesdallas“. This list contains a lot of eating, no surprise. Here are some of my to-do's before moving on.
– Eat on the hood of my car at Keller's.
– Bike the 9 miles around White Rock Lake.
– Have a mango and coconut shaved ice at Sno (this is Dallas' best kept secret… so don't go there.)
– Walk through the Dallas Arboretum. (I'm definitely coming back for the tulips in the Spring.)
– Order a cinnamon roll the size of my head and split it with Michael.
– Take a stroll through Klyde Warren Park and order food from the food trucks.
– Stop by Southern Methodist University, my alma mater, and just walk around the sprawling campus.
– Immediately after the above, go to Pokey O's for an ice cream sandwich.
– Eat dinner in “the Ball” in Reunion Tower.
– Have some fancy French cuisine at Lavendou.
– Spend the day shopping at Northpark Center.
– Have a cookie from J D's Chippery in Highland Park.
– Eat enough Mexican food for the foreseeable future. Focusing on queso at Mi Cocina, frozen margaritas at Mariano's, and bean dip at Gloria's. (You know you're from Dallas if…. you know Mariano's invented the frozen margarita.)
– Dance until my feet hurt at Corner Bar.
– Eat like a Queen at Tony's and bring enough wine for a small village.
– See a DJ at the Lizard Lounge.
– Order yellow curry at Tukta Thai.
Any Dallasites know of anything else I need to add to my bucket list?
If you need ideas for what to do around Dallas check out my “Best of Dallas” list.