Venus Trapped in Mars
Y'all. I have Venus Trapped in Mars on my blog today.
All I have to say is you're welcome and yes, we are blating again soon.
Now I'll let her take it away.
1. Where did you come up with your blog name? I was sitting on the toilet in my grandmother's house brainstorming titles for my shiny new blog. I knew I wanted to write about navigating my way through the male dominated world of not only sports but also my career. As I was finished peeing, out of no where, Venus trapped in Mars popped in my head. Truly a miracle had come to me. The toilet will forever hold a soft spot in my heart.
2. Who got you interested in sports? My dad played basketball for Texas A&M so it wasn't really an option to not play sports. I would be disowned and kicked out of the family or sold on the black market for whisky money. Just kidding, I lived in suburbia, not Saudi Arabia.
3. You also offer design services, what inspires you and how do you stay on top of your game?
I actually didn't major in graphic design so I really think I have to work much harder than the average designer. I love to look at the design section of Pinterest and I would be lost and inconsolable if anything ever happened to my “That was Graphic” pin board. My favorite quote I've ever heard was, “The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources” — so I better stop talking right now or I'd have to kill you.
4. Peyton Manning and Tony Romo are in a fight, who wins?
Romo's first punch would be intercepted just like everything else he throws. So Peyton and I would then just say screw it and sit down with some Papa John's pizza together and discuss how awesome it is to be a Tennessee Vol.
5. Who is your favorite blogger (besides me ;-))
I was thinking about this earlier in the day, actually. I tend to gravitate toward one kind of blogger, the funny girl. Make me laugh and I will be putty in your hands. BUT since you said JUST ONE, and that I can't pick you, my award goes to Nadine from Back East Blonde. I just think she is so funny, every single day. Her blog posts are creative,witty, smart and I feel like everyone of them could easily go viral on BuzzFeed.
6. If you were a drink, what would you be?
Jack Daniels on the rocks. It makes you look like a bad ass ordering it, doesn't turn you into a sniveling crying little school girl and you won't take all of your clothes off for no reason. Unless in the privacy of your own home, a cute boy gives you a reason but that is neither here nor there.
7. Anything else you want to add?
Giraffes and glitter are my kryptonite. I like to drink, often. I get bored easily so I have to make up games to entertain myself while drinking and I post them on my blog. I like a good hashtag. Helene and I blated once and I'm anxiously awaiting our second blate. #fingerscrossed.