10 Ways To Give Back this Holiday Season
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Create the Good. All opinions are 100% mine.
Around the holidays, a few things always seem to happen: I revert to a small child, I want to only watch and listen to Christmas themed media, I get overly emotional, I gain 5 pounds, and I want to give back.
Our world really is so small, even if it feels so big. We are all affected by the same thing and we all want for the same things, for the most part. With the recent tragedies in our world, it's important to take a step back and think about what really matters: each other.
The holidays bring about a time to remember the past year, think about what we're thankful for, and hopefully spread something good in return. It's hard to know what exactly to do. How can my small donation make the difference? All I know is that every little bit does truly count. And it can mean changing the world.
We are all different and possess different skills. Create the Good helps you find unique ways to give back with volunteer options right in your own community. To encourage the good, you can be entered to win a trip to Smuggler's Notch Resort in Vermont or a $100 Visa gift card.
This holiday season I plan to Create the Good by giving back. Here are some ideas:
– Volunteer at a Food Bank.
– Collect cans of food and donate them to a food bank.
– Buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
– Bake a friend a holiday treat.
– Give back to something you're passionate about: love dogs or reading?
– Read or teach a skill to kids in your community.
– Donate blood.
– Buy a box of toys for a children's hospital.
– Spend time volunteering at an animal shelter.
– Just be a nice person to everyone you see!
How do you plan to give back this holiday season? Check out 25 Days, 25 Ways to Give!