It's time. The resolutions are pouring in. The gyms are packed. Health food store's shelves are bare with people cleaning them out of their fresh produce and quinoa. Statements made like: run 8 miles a day, stop eating carbs, and climb Mount Everest are echoed throughout the world. While those are honorable, here are some resolutions I'm really going after this year. I wanted to write them down here to hold myself accountable and hopefully, I can actually keep these:
– Stop Taking Buzzfeed Quizzes. Do I really need to know which part I am of Taylor Swift's Blank Space video? No.
– Learn a new word a day. I really want to expand my vocabulary, so I'm putting a dictionary on my desk and plan to look up at least one word a day.
– Move more. I am aiming low, since I have been so stationary for the past few months. So I'm starting with a vow to work out 3 times a week, then I'll bump it up once I accomplish that. To keep me on track and motivated I'm using CosmoBody. It's kind of like Netflix for working out. Home videos for basically any type of workout you can think of, and you can do it on your time. Which really works for me. P.S. Here's a link to try CosmoBody free for 10 days.
– Organize my life. A few months ago I organized my bathroom and now my bathroom is always clean. Why can't I do this with my desk, closet, and life in general? I'm starting small, with one space at a time.
– Wear lipstick every day. I work from home so I tend to get lazy about my appearance. I don't wear makeup during the week but I want to try and feel a little bit more dressed up. And like my mom says, “Just put on little lipstick, you'll feel better.”
|Yes, I have seven of the same brand, but only because it's the best lipstick ever (and it's cheap).|
– Eat healthier. I'm going to try and incorporate vegetables in almost every meal. Plus, I'm using eMeals to cook my meals at least 5 days a week. Also, cheaper and generally healthier than going out to eat. (Emeals is life changing, if you don't believe me, read this post.)
– Read every day. This one is going to be tough, but the best way to write better is to read more. Suggestions welcome.
And more one thing, since we are on the subject of the new year. My word for 2015 (in case you don't follow me on Facebook):
So there you have it. Let's hope I can keep these. What are some of your resolutions?