A little update on what’s going on this past week. My summer picks, and what I’m currently up to:
– Reading the David Letterman article in Rolling Stone. He was my all time fave late night show host.
– Also, re-reading “Outliers” by Malcolm Gladwell.
-Deciding if Michael needs a new Chrono24 watch. His current watch is about 5 years old and it’s not the best quality.
– Watching the dogs wrestling on the floor. I have never seen two dogs play together so well.
-Drinking iced coffee because it’s H O T.
– Watching “Friends” on Netflix and feeling old.
– Listening to Kaylee Rutland‘s “It’s a Good Day To Get Gone.” This is a song that’s perfect for a summer day, with your windows rolled down. Have y’all heard of Kaylee? On Friday, I got to see Kaylee perform at the Hard Rock Cafe in Dallas and I was completely blown away.
She brings her brand of country to the Lonestar State. I’m always inspired
by music, but I’m especially impressed when it’s someone as young as
Kaylee. The 19-year-old, Flower Mound, TX native is already blasting
onto the scene with her hit, “Good Day to Get Gone.” How can you be so
talented and younger than me?? It boggles the mind.
I met up with Sarah and some of my friends to see the show. We ordered some fun cocktails and listened to Kaylee croon. She also played the classics like Sara Evans’ “Suds in the Bucket” and Tammy Wynette’s “Stand By Your Man.”
Kaylee will be performing around the Dallas area! Come check her out on Saturday, June 13th, at The Aardvark in Fort Worth, TX from 8:30-10:00pm. And, on Sunday, June 14th, she’ll be ‘Live at Levitt Pavilion’ in Arlington, TX from 8:00-9:30pm.