I always get sad when Christmas is over. It makes me melancholy to take down the pretty holiday decorations. But luckily, I have something to look forward to: Lights All Night. The biggest and best party Dallas has even seen. Replace Christmas lights with colored lasers. Replace carols with electronic dance music. Replace your ugly Christmas sweater with neon tops. Then, you’ve got Lights All Night.
I was lucky enough to go last year, but this year’s lineup is the best it’s ever been. Armin Van Buuren, Skrillex, Zedd, Disclosure, Oliver Heldens and The Chainsmokers just to name a few. Since there’s so many acts to see, I thought I’d help you break it down.
– Wear actual clothing. It is December after all, don’t forget to bring a jacket! Neon will show up best in the light. Or a fun t-shirt to make a statement.
– Look at the lineup beforehand. Know who you want to see and make a plan, some of your favorites might be overlapping.
-Get there early. It’s Friday and you want some time to before the festival to hang. There are so many good DJs starting out the night, but get there on time to see the set up. Plus waiting in line isn’t as fun as not waiting in line.
-Find a meeting spot for you and your friends. If you get lost at the The Drop stage while they’re partying it up at The Mothership it’ll be nice to meet together.
– Check out all the stages. The production and visual experience is something you’ll want to take in. Impressive stages with the addition of lights, smoke and streamers.
– Meet someone new. There are people from all over that congregate to Dallas. Find your new favorite rave buddy.
– Check out some new acts. Of course you have to see your favorites, but don’t forget to discover some new music! Recommendations you might now of thought of: Seven Lions, Oliver Heldens, Audien, and Paper Diamond.
-Drink some water. Don’t forget to stay hydrated while you’re partying all night long. There are water fountains around so be on the look out.
– Dance. The best way to enjoy a music festival is without a doubt to dance it out.