Blogging is a lot of work. You write, you edit, you publish, you comment, you advertise… the list never ends. But fashion blogging adds a whole other element: looking good all the time. I can’t tell you just how much I look like a homeless person. It’s pretty much everyday. But you wouldn’t know that since I don’t take photos of what I’m wearing everyday. Reading fashion bloggers for years I’ve learned some lessons from them.
1. Fashion bloggers are confident. They take pictures of themselves in public! We could all be a little more sure of ourselves.
2. Trying to pose with multiple animals is really hard. Leave it to the professionals.
3. Speaking of posing, you’ll never be able to pull off the “look away” pose quite like they can. Find your own pose.
4. Inspire someone. Whether that’s with your outfit or your words.
5. Stay ahead of the trends and keep informed about what’s in right now. You might need to know that stuff.
6. Be positive. Whether they’re having a good or bad day there’s a picture of them smiling.
7. They’ve mastered the art of the selfie.
8. Good quality pictures make a difference.
9. Don’t just show the clothes, tell a story. I think this applies to any blog post. Have a point or tell me a story.
10. Be comfortable in what you wear. If that’s stiletto heels, awesome. If that’s tennis shoes, rock it. Just as long as you’re staying true to who you are.
I’m obsessed with the details of this cardigan (check out the back) and it’s lightweight enough that I can wear it as the season change. This dress is on my wish list for Fall. Oh did I mention they have cute Game Day clothes? Use code HELENE15 for 15% off! (These shorts are only $20!)
And enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance at $40 to spend at In Bloom!