Like most women, I have a girl crush on Blake Lively. She is so effortless and manages to look like a mermaid without going over the top and looking weird. Plus she’s married to Ryan Reynolds. Life’s unfair. Sometimes I like to channel my inner Blake with a braid.
I find it easier to work with my hair when it’s slightly dirty- meaning I haven’t washed it in a couple days. Any way for me to look like I tried, when I actually made minimal effort, works for me.
Easy Half Up French Braid Tutorial
1. Take a chunk of hair from the front- about a 2 inch section. I like to start about an inch up from ears and then pull the hair back starting from there.
2. Make 3 sections from the current hair you pulled back. Start a normal braid and once you have laced each one around each other.
3. Now gather a small section from the right side of
the head by your ear with your right hand and add it to the right strand. Cross the far left section over.
4. Take the left side and add a small section about your ear with your left hand and add it to the left strand.
5. Keep doing this until you reach the mid section of your head.
6. Then braid it all the way to the end, leaving about 2 inches left of unbraided hair.
7. Fasten it with an elastic (or a scrunchy if you want to be totally ’80s) and you’re set. //
I love doing half up because my arms always get tired doing a full french braid. Here are some optional products I use when doing my hair. Don’t worry, I’m cheap.
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Lightening Shampoo //
Batiste Dry Shampoo (Light & Blonde)
ULTA Ultimate Blonde Conditioner with Vibrant ColorComplex //
FOREVER 21 Floral Bow Hair Elastic
Garnier® Fructis Style® Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray – 3 fl oz //
Now if only I looked like this from the front…
She’s too pretty.
Do you ever rock a French Braid? What’s your favorite summer hairstyle?