Last week I did a post called “10 Things That Are More Important Than the Release of the iPhone” and it was wildly successful.
Ok so maybe a few people read it.
But some people were like, “Hey Helene, you’re a genius, you should post about this again.”
Well I’m doing it again. But I shortened the title. That was just a mouthful.
This week I have 10 Things That Are More Important Than Miley and Liam’s Breakup.
I mean, come on, that was totally going to happen. He is this hot Aussie dream boat and she’s sticking her tongue out and twerking. Let’s say they’ve grown apart. I see some foreshadowing in her music and I think she might end up with a rapper. Maybe Juicy J? OR, maybe Liam just really missed her hair?
But there are way more important things going on.
1. Britney Spears released a new song yesterday called “Work Bitch.” It’s weird and awesome and I just kind of love it. I mean I did meet her once so I kind of know her. She even has a little bit of that old British accent creeping in. Favorite line of the song “You wanna live fancy? Live in a big mansion? Party in France? You better work bitch”
Simple and to the point.
2. With the recent shooting at Navy Yard, The Washington Post dropped their paywall so everyone can view articles on their site about what’s going on without paying any money. That’s pretty classy.
3. A new Miss America has been crowned, Nina Davuluri, and she’s the first Indian American to be crowned. And some ignorant people didn’t like that and blasted her on twitter. They said things like “She’s unAmerican.” I just have one question, where are your roots from? I was born here but my family’s lineage is from France. Get over yourself. #goawayrude
4. You know those topless girls in Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” video? One of the girls, the brunette one, was cast in the movie Gone Girl, opposite Ben Affleck. I guess being topless pays off? Just kidding kids, keep your shirts on.
5. Phillip Lim for Target collection came out this past weekend. If I knew anything about fashion I might be freaking out too. But I’m over here like, why is this sweatshirt over priced at target? But now I feel pressure to get a hand bag like everyone else… oh wait, they’re sold out.